View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata

Garage List
Looks great! I was actually going to start a thread asking about H&R springs so thanks for bringing this up. I really want to lower the car but don't feel the need to go all out with the expense and the hassle of getting coilovers.

However, I have a couple of questions regarding these springs. First, based on my experience the drop rates for H&R springs is unreliable at times. I installed the H&R Sport springs on my 135i and they dropped the car about 1/2" lower than advertised. It looks like H&R lists a 1.2" front drop for their 1M springs but you're sitting over 1/2" higher than advertised (granted your car will likely get lower as the springs settle so you might be close to advertised height).

Anyone know the normal variance from advertised specs for these springs? For others that have the springs, did you get the advertised 1.2" front drop and .6" rear drop?

Also, Metak did you keep the stock shocks or did you buy aftermaket shocks? If you are using stock shocks, do you think that the H&R springs will cause early wearing of the shocks? I've read differing opinions for the 135i regarding use of stock shocks but am not sure if those concerns still apply for the 1M since (I presume) it has better quality shocks.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0