View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation SULEV covered by a 15 year/150K mile federal warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider View Post
There is a DIY somewhere, but its really easy. Just locate the solenoids on the front of the engine, then unhook the harness, then 1 bolt for each, pull em out and either clean with brake cleaner and let dry before reinstalling our just replace with new units. My opinion is to forgo the cleaning and go fir two new solenoids and change the oil at the same time.

+1 on buying two new solenoids. I don't think they are that expensive either.

I would also change your oil. Its amazing how proper oil plays a role in ECL these days. A friend of mine is a Porsche Tech. PCNA had to buy back a 911 Turbo bc of a ECL. After they had thrown all these parts at the car and still did not fix it, they bought back the car. Then the tech did an oil change for the used car dept. Turns out THAT fixed the car. Turns out the owner was using too thick of a oil and it was throwing the ECL! lol The Vanous could not change the camshaft timing and hence it was throwing that code. lol

Also be aware that our cars sold thru MCS(military car sales) are of SULEV specs. ALL SULEV cars are covered by a 15 year/150K mile federal warranty! So I bet these solenoids are covered!! I just read that(page #28) in the November issue of Bimmer (with the orange M6 on the cover).
Appreciate 0