View Single Post
      01-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #47
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianN54 View Post
As a I said, the 1 is my DD and still under warranty so as of now it hasn't seen the track but it likely will once its free and clear of the warranty. My weekend car has but I choose not to go into that for my reasons at this time.
The open diff certainly is a detriment on the track but interesting enough, even with the several disadvantages of not being an M car or a sports car for that matter the 135 can run around a race track with the Z4m, not just talking accelerating either.
Everything was fine in the thread till Boston Lou felt the need to take a swipe at the 135 for no reason. That will often bring a response in kind.
When I DD'ed my car it was still under CPO, and saw autocross or track every weekend. Your point in invalid.

Anyways, the diff is a huge downfall...along with the brakes, suspension, heatsoak issues...etc. Without upgrades, the car will not be able to handle 20-30 minute sessions at 90F+ without problems.

With an open diff you won't be able to put power down until you're well off the apex. I'm on the gas at apex.

The fact you have no HPDE experience is funny when you try to say how a 135i can walk a M.

A proper nut behind the wheel of a 128 can easily run with other cars with higher power. Ever see a Spec Miata or Spec E30 drive? They are fast and have no power.

Anyways, if you really care you can watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianN54 View Post
And most of you guys will jump in when your 128 is attacked as they do and you did right here. You're driving the slowest tool in the BMW tool box. So you suck it up sonny and enjoy. Maybe when you grow up you can afford a car that demonstrates some performance.

I'm not worried about about defending my driving skills to you in the slightest, I couldn't possibly care any less. 128 drivers need to be concerned about the Toyota celica at the red light next to them not I.
Sorry, I don't drive like an ass on the road. When you're trying to compare cars by take off speed on the road...you're reaching.

Get on the track and autocross, or you'll end up in a ditch
Appreciate 0