10-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #83
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
Fairly normal, really.
I try to double-clutch into first while moving whenever I can. When I go to first from a standstill and it balks, back into 2nd or Reverse, then 1st, usually takes care of it. Certainly not specific to the 1.
Usually just slipping it to neutral, letting the clutch out, and depressing it again will align things and let you slide into 1st. But I find it just as quick to snick it into another gear real quick.

Has it gotten worse?

I replaced tranny oil with Redline ATF in my N55 6MT gearbox. It lightened things up a slight bit when warm, made it a little notchier when cold, and other than the first time when cold really had no noticeable effect on 1st gear engagement. (Made that worse, actually - not better. But only slightly.)
I wouldn't say it's gotten worse, it's just annoying having to think about it at a light. In my mind I'm thinking "is it going to cooperate this time?" Doesn't happen often, maybe a couple times a week.
There's no harm in putting a little elbow grease to engage is there? (transmission can handle force while putting into gear?)
Appreciate 0