10-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #88
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
tjswarbrick I'm happy everything worked out for your SSK. Like I have said... this e60 550i shifter is my favorite shifter of all time. I love it in my e39 540i manual and I think more people will use it on their 135i's now that they can see your photos and how you mod'd it to fit on your 1er. Thanks for posting your awesome pics!

Dackel
Thanks Dackel!
With an aftermarket clutch stop, CDV delete, and UCP, it's a brilliant upgrade and makes the car shift like a dream.
However, I don't want people going into it thinking for under $100 the E60 550 SSK Shift Lever is a drop-in replacement for their 135i.
I can't speak directly to the N54 gearbox, but on my N55 I needed to straighten out the lever, and get a longer shift boot, to make it work.
If you don't have the tools and talent to straighten it and remove/replace the boot, or are paying someone to do it for you, you may be better off with an aftermarket solution. But if a little manual labor doesn't scare you away, and you realize you'll need to get a new boot, it is highly recommended!
Appreciate 2