Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
TV deals are still better at Costco.
As someone who regularly sold hundreds of thousands of dollars of tvs a month (I worked for a national distributor); and a Costco fan, allow me to add my two cents.

1. There are ridiculously small margins on tvs. If you're getting a truly good price, then the price will be very close to any other place providing a good price. With rare exceptions; everyone's prices are close to one another. For reference I just looked up a 75" Samsung Q7 and the difference was $2 between Costco and Amazon.

This brings me to my next point...,

2. Different stores have different policies. Amazon has a very favorable return policy as long as Amazon is actually selling you the tv. Costco's return policy appears to be even better, allowing 90-Day returns. Because of the wide variation in performance from set to set, to me this is EXTREMELY important. I've also had different retailer reward policies make a notable difference too (thinking Best Buy/Magnolia).

3. As a videophile, selection can be a hugely determining factor for me personally. For example, I don't think I've ever seen a top-of-the-line tv model at Costco. People might want to research what they want first, then search for the best deal. www.rtings.com is a quality source for reviews.
Seems like it's hard to go wrong with most HD TVs, especially 4k
Appreciate 0