View Single Post
      02-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #158
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
I currently have -1.6 and -1.7 deg negative camber up front. For that, I needed the plates.
I think it's a bit too much for DD / street use.
At 21k miles, front tire inner shoulders are worn to the cords, but I'm not to the wear bars yet on the tread.
So, after getting new front tires on Saturday, I'm going to have it backed off to -1.2 or -1.3 degrees.
I'm not an expert, but I don't believe that camber plates are required for that level of negative camber, though you'll probably need to remove the camber pins. From what I understand, using the Dinan plates to get that level of negative camber puts me in the middle of the adjustment range. Without, you'd be at the far end of available camber.
But you'll want to do some more reading to make sure I'm not blowing smoke (or remembering it wrong.)

I do note that people say they add about a 1/4 inch of height to the front end. So I wouldn't mount the Swift's without 'em. Even with, I wouldn't mind a little more clearance up front.
I'm not looking to track it or even drive it particularly hard as a DD, just go with the stock alignment - assuming the konis and swifts will allow it....will they ? As I said earlier, I'm a complete noob when it comes to suspension. I saw the pics you posted and thought, that's exactly the "look" I want. I doubt your negative camber is even visible in the pics.
Appreciate 0