02-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #29
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Exclamation News from AAFES........(long reading)

Sooooooo..........today I got to the point that I really had the bug to find out the deal regarding the E5/E10 fuel with Esso and AAFES. In a memo that is "sorta" being lightly circulated (my .02) I was reading and found a POC if anyone had questions regarding the whole fuel thing. The persons name is LT COL(AF) David Correll. He is the Deputy Commander Exchange-Europe/SWA Mainz-Kastel Station.

So I sent him an email as a concerned purchaser and also wondering what was going to happen with Superplus fuel on military installations and if there was going to be a message as to what installations would be carrying once the change goes in effect, which it is now. I also stated to him that around some installations like Graf/Vilseck, and one part of Heidelberg (B535 heading to Patton Bks) that those Esso Gas stations had already converted to E5/E10 gasoline and did no longer offer Superplus fuel. I also told him alot of people were concerned that they did not know what fuel would be offered on their installations.

I got a response back in less than 15 minutes. He stated to me that AAFES WILL continue to provide Superplus on all installations with exception of Bamberg/Hohenfels in the Bavaria Area (Graf/Vilseck/Katterbach/Illesheim/Schweinfurt) will continue to provide Superplus fuel. Also he stated that if any other installation that offered Superplus will still do. He also liked my point of maybe being able to provide to all consumers a notification Germany Wide as to what fuels will be available where so the public is aware. He was surprised though that the small Esso gas stations in my area eliminated Superplus. He passed the info about that to a Ms. Ruth Wagner, AAFES ESSO liaison.

She called me on the phone and I explained to her what they were offering at the Esso stations in this area. She told me that due to the new German law about the E10 all stations in Europe have to have it available. In 2 years the same law is going to change to the effect that Superplus will com back BUT, Super E5 will be eliminated. Also something I did not know was that supposedly, AAFES was already providing SuperE5 in the Super unleaded pumps on AAFES installations.

Ms. Wagner also reassured me that SuperPlus WILL STILL be offered on AAFES gas stations that carry it.

We'll see.............

Nick