View Single Post
      02-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #30
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Thanks for the update Nick. From what I understand so far - is that all BMW's from 2000 M.Y can run up to E10. I will only buy SuperPlus 98 octane for my car though. Besides E10 is less powerfull 2/3rd less energy, increases the fuel consumption and has the potential for engine damage in old-er cars. Nein Danke!

Unoffically the reason why I hear BA does not have Super(E05) or SuperPlus is bc the DPW doesn't want to pay the 12K euros need to scrub and clean the old fuel tanks - and filter upgrade. This could have to do to teh fact that BA and SW and Baumholder are still not been declared endurring bases(BRAC). So that is why we are stuck with E10 only on base. Sucks.

Btw... I also hear that SW is considering getting rid of SUperPlus on their base. Mainly bc their tanks are so small - and they are always running oyt of Super grade. They have one (60K liter) tank that has three chambers: E10 Super, SuperPlus and Diesel. They can not get rid of deisel bc they would need to have that tank scrubbed and cleaned. So they are considering getting rid of the SuperPlus tank to hold more super. Its not a fact but that is what I heard.

Here is a good video from ZDF.de German channel 2. Sorry both videos are in German.

This video is from ADAC.de

Dackel
Appreciate 0