08-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkat View Post
I recently purchased a 1M with about 7,500 mi. Added about 500 miles since purchase. Seller performed a dealer oil service @7,400 miles. I am not usually a fan of BMW dealer service, but the airbag recall has not been done. So if I bring it to BMW, what other service/PM items do you recommend to be performed? Seller did not keep service records. Fluid changes? Software updates? Key fob OBD fix?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Like he said, see if they can scan the maintenance history. This is a 7 year old car despite the miles. I would change the brake fluid, transmission, diff and even the coolant. The fluids that sit, collect condensation etc that is never really burned. When I bought LT5 gearbox fluid in 2011 for my first of 2 1Ms, it had an use-by date on the bottle of July 2016 or 5 years after manufacture. The brake fluid should be changed every two years. Coolant is 7 years old now. I would also buy a bottle of fuel system cleaner as fuel that sits in the tank a long time can also break down into gum and varnish. Fresh fuel helps break this stuff down too but can't hurt to throw a $12 bottle of BMW Techron fuel system cleaner.

Congrats on the new car.
Appreciate 2
10"4974.50
1mGator143.50