View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #36
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo135i View Post
2011 135i I was driving on freeway behind big semi, a piece of it’s tire flew into front bumper and I ran it over. I bought it used and it didn’t have bottom plastic cover on it. It immediately lost power steering and pulled over and pulled belt out and a few pieces that were shredded and got towed home. Ordered
new belt and pulleys, as I was putting belt on I noticed the power steering pump was loose. After getting under the car I saw two of the three bolts were missing. When I went to replace the third in back that goes into oil pan, I realized it was sheered off flat in oil pan. BMW has quoted $875 to remove bolt, I’m trying to decide now if I’ll pay or do it myself. Does anyone know what these BMW Power Steering Pump ASA Bolt (M10X35) - Genuine BMW 22116769558 are made of? Steel, Stainless Steel or aluminum like oil pan bolts. This may determine if I try to drill and remove myself.

2011 135i DCT 78,000 miles
Googling that PN shows a bolt with an torx head, and an 8.8 grade stamp. So it's carbon steel according to photos from both FCP and ECS.
Appreciate 1