View Single Post
      10-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #33
JM.Monty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Thanks for the help from the few that gave information. Took some helpful pictures. Overall this is a very easy DIY if you have all the right tools and a car lift.

Found these helpful videos on understanding the basics.

RIBBED V-BELT 7PK 1860: 11287628653
MECHANICAL BELT TENSIONER: 11287582946
Deflection pulley: 11287578674
Deflection pulley: 11287578675

1. Remove Intake Duct
  2. Remove Belly Pan
  3. Remove Radiator Fan

There are two Torx on the fan. One up top on the passenger side. The second is on the bottom.

Unclip the electrical connection on the top.

There are 5 clips holding the fan in place. Two on the intercooler. Two on the left and right upper side. And Lastly a rubber mount on the charge pipe. The charge pipe clip is the hardest. Spray it with WD-40 or Liquidwrech and it will come off easy.

After you have removed all the clips you need to pull the fan towards the engine block away from the radiator to be able to pull it straight up.

4. Sketch Belt Pattern
  5. Use Star wrench to release belt tension.
  6. Remove Belt
  7. Remove Caps on Tensioner and Idlers
  8. Remove old Tensioner and Idlers
  9. Install new Tensioner and Idlers
  10. Install New Caps (I removed the old ones and they were in perfect shape. Save your self a few dollars and just reuse the old ones.)
  11. Install New Belt
  12. Remove Service Pin from new Tensioner
  13. Reinstall Radiator Fan
  14. Reinstall Intake Duct
  15. Reinstall Belly Pan

*Its worth noting that while you have the radiator fan out now is a good time to do other maintenance items and to look for potential problems. I discovered my crank shaft seal had gone bad creating a slow leak onto the vibration damper causing oil to be slung up onto the engine block.
Thank you thank you!! I'llhave to do this job myself pretty soon. Looking for parts at this time to replace all that, along with OFHG and Valve Cover Gasket. Where you bought the parts and how much did they cost??
Appreciate 0