View Single Post
      05-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WannaBe View Post
While you're entitled to pursue this as far as you care to, I personally don't agree with it. I think it's unreasonable to assume that the dealer will eat an $800 charge to accommodate you. If you'd been upfront about your preferred payment method when negotiating the price, that'd be one thing, but that wasn't the case.

Just as we all hate it when dealers try to change the terms of an agreement with hidden fees, etc., I think the reverse is similarly unethical. You may be "right", in the sense that the Visa contract requires the dealer to honor it, but it doesn't pass my "fair and reasonable" test. That's as a fellow consumer.

All of the above is my OPINION. Good luck with your car purchase.

Edit: I see John beat me to the punch while I was slaving over the keyboard.
Your logic absolutely confounds me. If you want to talk about being "UPFRONT" & "fair and reasonable" ", why not then have the dealer just reveal his true cost to me (not MSRP) and negotiate from there?!
Do you have any idea the profit that is buried into these cars for these guys? And the years of profit on servicing a loyal,happy customer's car?

And Again...no one forced the Dealer to agree to VISA's terms....that was their business decision....and has NOTHING to do with me. They can go cry to VISA if they want!

So I guess you payed full price so as not to be accused of being "Unethical" in your dealings with your dealer. :bs:
Please! Gimme a break guys................

135i Convertible
Crimson Red w/ Taupe soft top
Taupe 'ette & Light Burl Walnut trim
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0