View Single Post
      08-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #68
Flot
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Wanted to say thanks for the great writeup. Couple minor notes, I removed my automatic (non-dct) shift knob by pressing in the button and then just pulling up as hard as I could. Ditto with the e-brake handle, it just pulled straight off with enough force. I was able to just barely clear the metal stub of the shifter even leaving it in park, but in retrospect it would have been much smarter to shift the car into neutral before starting all this.

The only electrical connector that gave me hell was the little 4 pin one that goes to the headphone jack in the back. The others were all straightforward.

I was swapping trim but changed the ashtray out for the "stuff compartment" while I was at it. Holy cow! Now instead of not even having a place to put my phone, I can stick my phone, my wallet, and some other crap in there securely.

About an hour to remove everything, 15-20 mins to put it all back in.

Just curious, anyone know what the electrical connector at the very back of the armrest is? I had a little sensor and then a large rectangular connector with nothing plugged into it? (basically underneath the big plastic hinge assembly)
Appreciate 0