View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
mfcsw
Rep
Drives: bmw1m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
Ill post the graph when i get home.
I collected the 1M from my tuner yesterday-he's had it a few weeks making sure the map was perfect.
I didnt realise how much i had missed driving it.

What a transformation now its all done.

Using a Dyno Dynamics rolling road the final figures are

454/530 bhp/lbft

mods include

SPEC R intercooler and HARDPIPE kit, (454bhp 23 degrees intake temps with 12 degrees ambient )
3" custom de cat down pipes ceramic coated,
N54 mid pipes.(standard rear exhaust to retain lbft and keep noise levels down.)
Ray west tuning custom map.

Ray West also adjusted the wheel allignment which has always felt twitchy in standard from and now has much more traction and poise.

I cannot recommend Ray highly enough.
Coming from a touring car racing background his level of knowledge and experience was clearly evident with various race cars dotted around his work shop.
From Ferrari challenge cars to a genuine original BMW CSL BATMOBILE race car-along with classic E types and a 1973 porsche gt rs not to mention a 720bhp 997 gt2 road car

I dropped the car off to Ray with the car running the standard map and the other mods already fitted.
Obviously with the car not mapped to run the mods it felt a bit rough and fiesty under full throttle.

Also the geometry allowed the rear end to brake traction very easily but now with Ray's experience and attention to detail he's managed to Map the car so it has a smoother power delivery than ever before and with the rear running more toe in and less camber she simply grips and goes.

Pics to follow but for now just wanted to share my news and see what people think of the figures...

cheers Jamie
Hi
Very interested in the geometry changes you have made as I find getting the power down perfectly every time a little tricky , if you get it right its like a rocket but if you go to hard you can get a bit of wheel spin and it just doesn't feel as quick ( running forge IC and dms tune ) very happy with performance looking at exhaust for my next project
Appreciate 0