View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #26
Alcor
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i 2013 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceWalker View Post
About a month ago i replaced my fluid, pan filter and high pressure filter (side filter) and really have had no issues. Clutch engagement became a bit more aggresive, so did the shifts when Sports and TCS off.

I have a '12 135i with 67k miles and i used Liqui Moly 8100 DCT fluid. I also use Liqui Moly for all my fluids actually and so far i've had nothing but good and better.

My only advice would be to get both filters OES (not necessarily OEM) meaning, try for original Getrag parts. That's just preference and also my buddy went with a Vaico high pressure filter and his DCT clunked every gear until he changed it for an original Getrag part.

The other thing i would look out for is the fill process. You MUST make sure that the fluid temp does not go above 40c or else it could start coming out of your refill hole making you believe the system is full. With a cool car, start you engine and idle at 2k rpm for 2 mins. (You must do this quickly as trans heats up fast) now let the car idle by it self and place it on the "N" (neutral) position (you must leave the car running, hence why its gotta be done fast) open refill plug and add until you see fluid come out. Put the refill plug back, again idle at 2k rpm... repeat process. Again the important things here are, that the fluid is below 40c and that vehicle is ON and in Neutral when adding to finish the fill
hello, did yo u use 9 liters total ?
Appreciate 0