11-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #27
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
Oh for crying out loud. Drive yer damn cars and enjoy them. Unless you have a 1M, don't worry about it. I don't think the 1-er will be on Chasing Classic Cars any time soon.
Amen. The 1M is the one to have, everything else is pretty much just a 1-series. This thread is a bit goofy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1descending View Post
I don't see the 135is commanding a big premium over a 135i M-sport in the future. If the car is sought after, people will be looking to mod it anyway so the factory mods on the 135is will be irrelevant.
I agree that the 135is won't be much more than a footnote in the history of the 1-series. I certainly didn't get the IS package for any other reason than wanting the factory options offered by the package. From a collectibility or desirability standpoint, limited production numbers and factory options aren't irrelevant, they certainly do contribute to higher valuation and potential selling price. Buyers looking for a classic automobile in excellent, original condition aren't usually the same buyers looking for a track day car to mod.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0