Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1descending View Post
I don't mean to rag on the is, I like the car, but it's only marginally different from the 135i. How much extra are 313 wheels worth to a buyer? Because that's the only significant difference when you can tune either car over 400hp with ease.

Sure, a remarkably clean 135is will sell well down the road, but the same can be said for any car with a following, including a regular 135i.
'tuning' or aftermarket modifications don't matter when it comes to collectability. the 135is isn't very different to the 135i M-Sport, BUT when you add things like the PPK2 package, 313 wheels, special stitched leather seats, black mirrors, etc.....it all sort of adds up in the minds of people looking for something a bit 'unique'...OR something more cohesive off the showroom floor.

the reality is that 20 years from now.....people won't be looking for homebrewed 'tuner' cars....unless they have some crazy engine swap...they will be looking for simple original cars.

don't get me wrong...i don't think the 135i will be worth $10k and a 135is will be worth $50k.....but i'm sure there will be SOME small-ish premium paid for a better OEM example....
Appreciate 0