United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
This is the cleanest setup I've seen bar none.
It's tempting to drive the car up from NorCal to get the same work done on mine although without a tune maybe it's overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Very nice!
I have a similar setup with oil cooler, custom fit by a local N54 guru (AD Engineering is in my city). 170F thermostat, larger lines and double sized radiator. He fitted protective shields directly to the cooler which mate perfectly to the front bumper (ramp removed) and larger opening in the fender. It is fully sealed so all air passes through the radiator with no escape to the side. I run a 450wtq/380whp (285kw) tune at the track and never see oil temps over 260.

Someone asked about your fitment and finish….here is how mine looks front and back…..
I never had overheating issues on track until running a tune. The oil was the only issue. Water temps are fine on stock setup, running 40% coolant 60% water with redline water wetter.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0