BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
My car also has AR downpipes.

This is an awesome opportunity to increase learning about the upgrade path for these cars. Having two 135s at the same workshop with numerous dyno at different configurations .. gold!
Yes, I said turbo back exhaust not downpipe back exhaust I agree, an awesome opportunity to learn more about these cars.

Do you have anymore mods planned Kenny? It would be good if you could both run your cars on the same dyno on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
I will be doing a TRUE comparison of the "stock" factory intake and the Dinan CAI.

All I would have to do, is perform say 2 dyno pulls as is.

Then remove the Dinan airbox lid and reinstall the factory airbox lid.

This would defeat the additional inlet air path and return the volume of the airbox to its stock size.

Perform another 2 pulls pull within say 10 minutes, following a proper cool down.

As a result all 4 dyno pulls, would be under the EXACT same conditions (+ or -).

That's it, simple in concept.

However as I mentioned earlier, the Dinan CF lid is a prick to install and I suspect Dale would have to remove the entire airbox assembly once again, just to refit the lid.

I will most definitely be doing this at a later date, but there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.
Yes that would be cool but I agree, not absolutely necessary considering you have much bigger plans. What does it sound like anyway?

Btw, I think the HPF FMIC is the best fmic on the market, good choice.

I look forward to seeing big numbers from your car
Appreciate 0