11-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
youngdoc1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1723 View Post
Thanks for the input! So in the carfax history if it mentions something about brake light being changed is that most likely it?
Yes, most likely. I drove the 328i coupe, 328xi sedan, and then the 128i and fell in love with the 1 series. As mentioned above, it seems like the engine is identical as are the suspension components.

I bought my '09 128i back in June and just went out of warranty at the end of October. When I bought the car, it had 32 000 km on it and carfax showed only 3 scheduled services done. Since June, I've had the two rear tail lights fail and noticed tiny crack in the 3rd brake light (which I'm sure was probably there when I bought it but hadn't noticed). All replaced under warranty. I also noticed some intermittent squeaking in cold weather from the front suspension - replaced front sway bar bushings with "updated design" part. Otherwise, no issues. Based on what I've read in both the 3 series and 1 series forums about the solid reliablility of the N52 engine I decided not to purchase an extended warranty. Very happy so far at 45 000 km on the odometer .
Appreciate 0