View Single Post
      05-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Fields has screwed us yet again...

Ok, first off Fields in Winter Park stuck us with a sheister/sexist CA that tried to screw my wife out of several thousand dollars on the trade in among other things when we first went to talk about the car so Fields corporate took care of that and sent us to another guy at Fields Daytona.

The CA at Daytona was great and everything was fine until this past Friday. In one day we received a call from Honda saying that my wife has not paid them in two months (from the time when when we traded the car) and then we got a nasty letter from PenFed saying they are seeking criminal prosecution for fraud. Honda has reported the non-payment to all 3 credit agencies which has dropped her credit score 50 pts all because Fields decided to forget to pay off the $1500 that was still left on the car after we traded it in to them. That's fixable but a big PItA none-the-less.

PenFed is pissed that Fields put the title in my wifes name with no lien on the car and they think we are trying to take the car and their money and run. Tried calling them to explain and they don't care because we owe them $20k and they want their money and are threatening to have her prosecuted for fraud. A paper was signed at the dealership stating that PenFed was the lien holder and it was brought up numerous times so as to avoid this situation but BMW dropped the ball hardcore after they assured us this was not a problem and was taken care of.

Now not only do we have to figure out how to sort all this out, if we do there will be a note on our account of the possible attempted fraud. Being in the military and having that on my record will be pretty bad and could cause me to lose out on promotions as well as officer candidate school. Needless to say I am pretty pissed but figured I would let people know that you should never trust the dealership to do their job on their own.

Just remember to always follow up with everything and follow behind them like your child to make sure they don't screw up and screw you in the process...