View Single Post
      01-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #34
kirkbar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Just finished this DIY today and I'm now drinking a ice cold beer!

I used the HP Autowerks tool (http://www.hpashop.com/Bushing-Tool-...g-tool-kit.htm) and I'm glad I did. The easy part was removing the bushings - took maybe 10 minutes per corner. Used a 24mm ratcheting wrench.

The rear bushings went in fast and easy too, but the two front ones were a PITA! No matter how I arranged my jacks - I could not get enough clearance between the body pin and the subframe. I was able to shove the bushing in the gap - but there was no way a washer and nut were going to fit. That damn pin!

I improvised and just jacked the corner of the subframe from underneeth until the bushing slipped in about an inch or so. This was not easy as the subframe shifts about - but I did it. After, there was plenty of room to get the hardware in. This step took me at least two hours.

All and all - not a bad job - just plan a day for it. It took me about 5 hours. Thanks for the DIY guide!

BTW: You can't find silicone grease at Autozone, etc. You can find it at Home Depot in the plumbing section. Used to grease O rings, etc.
Appreciate 0