View Single Post
      12-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #66
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87 View Post
Do you know how aggressive the camber gain is on the rear of these cars? I'm thinking of going down to -1.0 camber if the factory adjustment has enough range. As long as it cambers in enough in the corners.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=23

If you scroll down this post a bit you will see that the measured camber gain is about -0.5° per inch of rear suspension bump travel.

If the outside wheel moves up 0.5" and the inside wheel moves down 0.5" the car rolls 1 degree (because the track is about 60 inches - the good old "one in 60 rule" says a deflection of 1 in 60 equals approximately 1 degree). The car has rolled 1 degree but the outside rear tire has only gained half a degree in camber. Accordingly, you should expect that some camber relative to the road surface will be lost when the car rolls, but the amount is respectable if you have a reasonably stiff setup and a decent amount of negative camber to start with.

As a track setup, rear static camber of about -2° works pretty well for me. My total roll stiffness is about 1.2° per g.

As you add negative camber to the rear you run out of toe adjustment with the stock toe link at about -2° camber.
Appreciate 0