Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Pinched Nerve?

I have a doctors appointment on Friday, so I'll get a diagnosis then, but in the meantime I wanted to ask a few of you about what's been happening.

So it all started around the beginning of last week when I started to feel a pain in my left elbow. It was sore to the touch, almost like a needle was poking me. I just thought I slept funny or maybe banged it on something and didn't think too much of it.

Around Friday things changed. I started to feel a tingling in my arm, sort of like when your foot falls asleep. It lasted through Saturday with no change. Sunday is when things got even worse. I woke up and my arm from my elbow to my hand was numb. My pinky, ring and middle finger all had a pretty significant loss of feeling (I could bit on them hard enough to leave indents that lasted a few minutes and felt no pain). It lasted all day without much change. Last night while shopping for groceries I started to feel numb on my left leg and right around my lower back. That started to freak me out because nothing like this has ever happened to me before. The leg/back numbness went away later that night.

So I woke up this morning and everything felt better, my arm and fingers were still numb, but not as bad as yesterday. Sadly, as the day went on it got worse and right now as I type this it's just as bad as yesterday. I was just cleaning some dishes and actually dropped one that I picked up with my left hand because I can't tell how tightly I'm gripping something with it.

So does this sound like a pinched nerve? If so, based on what I found it doesn't seem like there is anything besides waiting it out (or surgery) to fix it. Anything else it could be? This started off as an annoyance, but the longer this goes on the more concerned about it I'm getting.