06-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #27
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///1M View Post
I think people are being a little harsh on Bubbles. His post doesn't come across as antagonistic. He's just stating his opinion after having driven the cars back-to-back, and I appreciate his opinion. He even joked that he's not the world's greatest driver (not sure if he was being facetious?), no big deal, take it with a grain of salt!

Besides, there are so many hugely positive reviews of the 1M, there's no reason for us to be defensive! 1M is holding its own. :-)
Thanks for the support

I came from a heavily tracked 335i. The car was awesome in cool temps, anything above 85F degrees the car would suffer major heat soak despite running an upgraded oil cooler, intercooler, removal of the fog lamps and running straight distilled water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
If the M3 is a pig, then in my mind it doesn't do it all well. Ha!

I get where you are going though, the M3 is adept at most things not master of all. The 1M is a smaller focused sports car.

And truly there is a big difference between a person that wants an M3 DCT and someone that wants a 1M. They just aren't the same buyer.

Way cool that you got to drive the cars back to back, however the only relevant 1 series forum info, is that the 1M didn't overheat... Which is great news actually..

I'm running my '11 6MT M3 Coupe (ZCP) at the track this weekend where I expect triple digit temps this weekend. The 1M didn't overheat, but the engine was running less than 100% due to heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
I won't go as far as saying you are a troll but come on. The car didn't "wow" you. You are about the only person I have heard that from. The automotive journalists are overwhelmingly "wowed" I am sure that they have a whole lot more seat time in amazing rides and are still being "wowed" without exception. Maybe, as you confided, the m3 with dct wows you more due to your driving skills.

Again, the car has not been proven to not be able to deal with heat so we don't have a clue what your talking about. You do not sound like an experienced track veteran so perhaps you should hold that opinion for yourself.
rad doc, please keep in mind I've always been a fan of the N54, just got tired of blowing turbos and major heat soak issues. I did everything I could (including three vornado fans) blowing into the car between sessions. I was quietly hoping the heat issue was corrected but 95F temps are hard to overcome.

As far a tracking, I've been doing it a few years now (probably 30-35 times a year)

Again I think it is a great car.

Last edited by Bubbles; 06-09-2011 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0