09-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
spidertri
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 128i 6MT Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [0.00]
I've run two cars with Vorshlag camber plates up front, both E36 based cars.

One was set up to be sporty but compliant, my old Z3 coupe. I never ran GC street plates but the car originally had SPC camber plates when I bought it, which were a similar style where the bearing was encased in urethane.

I couldn't stand those mounts, the urethane wore down and caused a loud clicking noise. I actually swapped those out for stock E36 M3 rubber mounts swapped side-to-side.

Later I installed vorshlag plates on the Z3 and I would say going from "stock" rubber to the spherical was the equivalent of going from a 17" wheel/tire to and 18" wheel/tire. There was definitely more NVH felt through the front end. I never had any issues with the Vorshlag plates though, they use a big bearing and it never clicked or clunked or anything.

That being said, the E82 chassis feels so much stiffer and more planted than either of my E36 or Z3. It really surprised me how much better this car handles crappy roads. I tend to think that adding spherical camber plates wouldn't be as much of a difference with this chassis.
Appreciate 1
asbrr544.50