View Single Post
      05-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #26
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i Alpine White n55 DCT

Hey guys I wanted to post my review of my tuning experience with Joe and this n55 ppk flash

I originally bought this K+DCAN cable a couple of weeks ago which did not end up working. When we tried to flash on Friday, my cable was not getting recognized by the software with a connection to the DME. Joe said he can 2 day ship a known working cable for $50 + $7 2 day shipping, where I have 10 days to return the cable and get $50 back, or keep the cable

http://www.amazon.com/PeleusTech-INP...ilpage_o04_s00

His cable came in yesterday, shot Joe a text and we were tuning within 45min. He uses TeamViewer and sends you 2 .zip files, 1 with the software needed on your computer to run the flash, the other I'm assuming is the actual PPK tune files

The experience is easy on my part! Joe walks you through every the step of the way. I set up my iPhone as a hotspot and connected my laptop to it, and we were able to tune off of a mobile hotspot! You will need to have the remote desktop connection software TeamViewer installed on your machine

You provide him with the connection details and once Joe remotes in, you're on your way. For my vehicle, a 2012 BMW n55 DCT with Build date late 2011, it took about 30 minutes

I originally got the PPK to fix my idle/surging/throttle lag issues as seen in this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690

From my research, the PPK also does the same fix as the SIB 12-15-14 for the notorious issues our DCT equipped transmission cars experience. SO I figured hmmmmm option 1) Pay the dealer the $150-$175 I've been quoted to flash the SIB or 2) Pay half the price to Joe for the PPK tune and fix what the SIB fixes, plus gain some fun noises and +20hp

From my limited driving last night and this morning, all DCT transmission related issues have disappeared! Throttle response is almost instant (sans turbo lag), and the car is obviously much quicker. The exhaust (stock exhaust) does sound a bit sportier, I'm assuming the PPK does some sort of fuel combustion for some added burbles/pops

For $80, this is a hell of a deal for anyone wanting to fix their DCT issues and are out of warranty like myself. Half price versus what the dealer charges, with the added benefit of having a genuine BMW PPK1 flashed onto your vehicle

I would highly, highly recommend this option for anyone wanting to stay stock or have a baby tune. I do plan on upgrading to a jb4 later on, but in the meantime, this is the perfect cheap, intermediary solution

Last edited by Widowmaker; 05-03-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0