07-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #70
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 98Mz3-09-135i6sp-13-135isDCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I know this goes against the popular opinion here but that's one of the reasons I buy my cars new. Don't want to inherit somebody's problems. Many people who buy used keep their car for a couple of years and then move on. Not me. I hang on to them as long as I possibly can. I realize it's more economical to buy used but I like to start with a clean sheet of paper.

I break them in properly and aggressively service them (1st oil change at 1200 miles, then 5K oil changes, etc). Professional detail a few times a year. I understand this costs me more but it's worth it to me. If my 1er was to get totaled today I'd probably buy a new M240i and keep it for as long as possible and treat it the same way.
Same philosophy here. Have a 09.135i: window issues early on, fixed under warranty. It didn't always open or close upon demand. One HPFP replaced. No other issues; however, I feel like it may just be a matter of time before other gremlins surface. Currently have ~46K miles. I'm torn between enjoying it more or getting rid of it. Sometimes it feels like playing 'German Roulette.'

I also have a 13.135is with 26K miles. No major issues, just a hood lever malfunction two weeks out of warranty--but they did the right thing and fixed it for free. Knock on wood. Again, I don't know when my luck will run out.

I have relatively low mileage on all my BMW's ( I also have a 98.mz3 with 67k miles: no issues--just worn parts) because I've always used another car for my daily driver. I've had a 'sacrificial' Taurus, and two Corollas for that purpose.

I'm thinking seriously of moving on to an M2 (fingers crossed for the GranCoupe version) in a few years and getting rid of the two 135's.

Last edited by m981addicts; 07-23-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0