Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Sounds like misfires, and the culprit could be injectors, HPFP or both.

Do you know if your injectors were ever replaced?
Injectors never replaced. Would that throw a misfire code?
A lot of guessing going on so I'll join the party as well. : )

My guess is hpfp because you say it happens at WOT. Fuel injectors usually clog or leak and cause issues with idle. You don't mention if you have a tune which could be a significant variable. You mentioned third gear as well. Was this a high rev high load WOT or a low rev high load pull? Our cars trigger an overboost at WOT in low rev and high load. Usually this is when you are in 6 th cruising and you go WOT high load. This is what kicks over boost in which will require additional fuel. If you are power shifting at redline in 2nd to 3rd then that is a high rev high load situation . So you are either not getting enough air... boost leak from boost pipe Inter cooler etc or you aren't getting enough fuel. If you've checks the boost pipes for leaks or damage then fuel system could be having an issue. Fuel pump or regulator could be the issue. But I think in this case I might quote my father in law. He says he has 4 tools in his toolbox. A screwdriver, pliers, hammer and checkbook. If he can't fix it with the first three he uses the checkbook. This might be appropriate now and pay a diagnostic fee at dealer or bmw specialized independent. They have special equipment that can identify pump issues or you might find yourself replacing a lot of parts guessing. Whatever happens please let us know what you find out! Sorry this happened to you.
Thanks for the help...the issue isn't at idle. The overboost notion you mentioned does hit home a bit and making me think it's the fuel pump...it's not getting enough fuel when it really requires it?
I have an evolve stage 2 tune and have never had an issue. Have forge diverted valves, forge Intercooler, and er charge pipe.
I will aim for the hpfp and go from there. Thanks for the ideas. If there is anyone else who has any thoughts, I would love to hear them.
Thanks very much
That's is a huge part of it. All those aftermarket parts make a difference. When I was googling the code it kept coming up with aftermarket tunes. I kept looking thinking yours was stock
Since you didn't mention it. There are some that have resolved it by changing some of the tune parameters but keep in mind that a tune does impact the car. Many broke their charge pipes nine stock in WOT now imagine increasing boost. The pumps were a failure point as well as injectors now more boost and fuel during WOT is not going to make things better. I don't mean to be mainsplaining but it comes across that you might not be aware of that. Google that code
And some have had success with some of the adjustable parameters of
The tune. Best wishes
Point noted. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
nachob2314.00