View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #376
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom View Post
Hi Alex, I hope button worked out well! Maybe you even scored another PB!(they don't come easily though'-)

How are those power flex sub frame and diff bushs working out? Still solid/ not wearing/ still hard enough?

I need to do mine, right from the start and even the first test drive it was immediately obvious these were an issue and on top of that i fitted some new wheels with descent(ish) rubber a couple of days ago and the problem is even more accentuated now....hard braking at 200 over a minorish bump and the car jumps to one side by about a meter.. not too cool feeling!

You commented earlier in the thread about taking a solid bushed car home for the night and the NVH being an issue... Although Ive seen lots of people comment that solid bushs are not an issue and that its the diff bushs that will transmit noise.

Any thoughts to share?
I upgraded my rear Subframe bushings with the two piece whiteline ones.

However, I think what made the most significant change to decrease that rear end wobble over bumps (I get them over un-even pavement, depressed sewer grates, etc) is to upgrade your rear control arms. The M ones from the M3/1M are a direct swap and pretty easy to install. A few different sites sell complete kits with all 4 arms and a new bracket that's required.
Appreciate 0