View Single Post
      10-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #95
angusclark
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
IMHO those 2 exhausts are apples and oranges. I have the AA exhaust and I love it, it's easily the single most complimented mod on my car. It's easily comparable to the volume of a lot of V8's. I have driven the C63 and jumped straight back into my car and thought mine was louder! Btw, I have AR dp's.

In terms of volume, I would say the AA is an 8.5/10 and the PE is 6.0/10. Everyone says they can hear me minutes away and I didn't believe it until I spoke to someone on the phone and they said they could here me each time I would go WOT - and this was when I was a few minutes away! Also, I tend to set off a few sensitive car alarms from time to time - usually in undercover car spaces. The cold starts make the walls shake.

Both exhausts will drone. I think the AA is about 6.5/10 and the PE is 3.0/10. I recently drove to Sydney and back and I survived, but if you do a lot of highway driving the AA probably isn't for you, unless you like the music loud. Like any mod, you get used to it so i find the drone non-existent unless I'm hungover or have a headache, which isn't very often. But if you sit in the car for the first time you will notice the drone straight away and probably wonder why I did such a mod until I plant my foot or play with my paddle shifters.

I find the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and if there's ever a time to have a loud exhaust it's now whilst I'm relatively young. I know I'll want something a lot more civilised and sleeper in the future but for now I don't mind the volume from this straight 6 twin turbo!

You have made me want to buy one.... Fitting shouldn't be much more than around $150?

When I decide to sell the car, is it as easy as a quick changeover again for $150?
Appreciate 0