View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 07:23 AM   #30
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
"eccentric bolts are very easy to inadvertently turn while torqueing their nuts"

you mean, tightening a bolt with a foot of clearance with an oversized (torque) wrench, to 122 ft lbs flat on your back without any lower body leverage? How hard could it be? :Lol:

many thanks for this great write up, covers a lot of ground.
I am still a bit sore from the contortions. There was just enough room to swing one click on the ratcheting head of the torque wrench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Amazingly detailed as always.
Have you thought about what front springs you might change to?
I am going to complete the installation with the Ohlins springs first, then do the calculations for a spring change to confirm what will work, then see how close I can get to ride height and corner balance by calculating the new spring perch settings for the shorter springs. Actually though, I have done the preliminary calculation and ordered the new springs but hope they don't arrive too soon to dissuade me from this path because it seems like a useful exercise. Besides, the roads are still cold and sandy here, so I need to entertain myself for a bit longer. To that end, you will have to wait until the narrative reaches that point before I tell you what spring I have chosen. I am currently being diverted by a small modification to my camber plates, but should be ready for the final spring calculations later in the week.
Appreciate 0