05-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #95
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

no new pics?! so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
Woah! Never thought there would be this many replies! I promise to posts answers to the questions tomorrow (it's past midnight and I am ready for bed). I spent a good part of the weekend driving the car, but I also took some high-res pictures. I've asked Jason to update the first post accordingly.

My first impression after the first real kilometers with my car:

Damn, I love the little beast! Yes it lags, once you get to know it a little better... well not exactly lag, but it needs more than 3.500rpm to really start pushing. I do not like the stock DSC config, spent most of the weekend in "MDM" and even that is rather restrictive. Compares to the M3s regular DSC setup. Other than that...

...a mega-great car! Absolutely NO understeer whatsoever. No oversteer either (unless you power-slide it). It is just perfectly balanced. Mechanical grip at an unbelieveable level. It feels almost like you are running slicks. The ride can get quite bumpy, but the wheels stay planted on the road.

Just thinking back... the trip this morning... a winding road, similar to alpine passes, just shorter... a number of hairpins... you turn it in, pass the apex, position the rear and burn up the next straight. And grin.

My respect toward the cars sheer power has increased even more, but I loved every meter I spent driving. And no... I am not exagerating.

So... going to bed now to dream of a great car, can't wait to get it back on the road!

Good night to everybody!
Appreciate 0