Thread: Alpine Hifi Kit
View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #156
GizmoOG
Registered
Rep
Drives: e81

Hello,
I have a bmw 1 series 2010 model, and it has 2 bass speakers originally installed, however there is no wiring running from the amp to the underseat sub on the passenger's side..
So I went ahead and bought this cable:

I checked all the available alpine instruction manuals (some are different) and one of the versions gave me some useful information on how to connect the central bass cable I bought:

So as far as I understand, there is currently two plugs/connectors laying somewhere near the door (x256 and pin housing G), and there are available slots for M3 and m4 to be connected to x256 and pin housing G is not connected to anything, its just an empty plug laying somewhere in the car? Where would you recommend me to look for these connectors? I am somewhat struggling to see where the connectors are supposed to be located when looking at the drawing in the alpine kit instruction manual.

And another thing while we're at it, I really think there's something wrong with either the tweeter or the door speaker on the passengers side. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it feels like it plays so much weaker compared to the other side. When I fade it to the passengers side, there is almost no bass (the very little bass coming out of the speakers sounds almost like a blown speaker, but not quite), and the higher frequencies sounds muffly and quite unclear (pretty much sounds like a lower end speaker), and it doesn't play nearly as loud as the other side. I know the bass thing is obviously because there's no underseat connected currently on the passengers side, but that does not explain why the speakers sounds so bad.

Note that one time the mid speaker stopped playing (not 100% sure but it definitely seemed like it was not playing when I took my ear next to the speaker and listened to it), so I took off the door panel and just disconnected and reconnected everything, and after that it seemed to be playing, but not as clear and loud as it should.
I tried swapping to the original paper cone door speaker, and the alpine speaker sounded little better than that, but compared to the other side, it sounded bad again.

Any idea what could possibly cause this? It doesn't sound blown so I'm pretty sure it's not that, but what else could it be?
Damn, this was longer than I expected, but I do really appreciate you taking the time to read this and all the help I can get!
Appreciate 0