View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #230
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
Totally agree with you! I have always thought what is the point of having 6 speeds (or whatever the number is) if you dont use them all, the 128 reaches top speed little after changing from 5th to 6th and at about 5.5K rpm, the 130i though, it reaches max speed at max power rpm point, so it is a true 6 speeder, and it can actually almost go all the way in 6th to the red line if limiter is removed.

The 128 NEVER will run like a 130i for several reasons, this is one of them, unless of course the owner swaps all missing bits.

128i hits 100 mph in 3rd, the 130i is already back in the power band in 4th at 100mph.

I do hate long gearing! and back to the point of the TRW bits, I just bought them, will share pics onces I have them. I do believe the only diff is the sanded down //M logo, which is just nothing to worry about since those things live in the filth all the time anyway
Well, 250km/h (limiter) in a 130i is 6250RPM in 6th gear

But yes, given enough road delimited, 280km/h is 7000rpm

Long gearing is great if you have a peaky/midrange powerband, and obviously you can have a WAY too short gearing... but high powerband, high enough revs, good fun :P

ALways good to get more pics of the arms, getting the thread back on topic!
Appreciate 0