View Single Post
      06-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #68
homewrecker07
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamelCamel View Post
I have the same tool, but I don't believe the RESET ADAPTATIONS are the same as using the INPA software. When I reset mine initially about a year or two ago, it fixed everything DCT-related about 98%. It now acts like it's coming back. I only get hesitation when using the A/C. When I reset adaptations with the BimmerGeeks software, it just says reset. When I would reset it through INPA, the entire car and gauges would "reboot" and I would get an error light the first time the car was started after that. It would go off after the initial start up.

I don't think the BimmerGeeks tools is resetting all the adaptations...

-Sam

PS. I'll try to reset again tonight to make sure I didn't miss a setting. I'll check back in.
Well, there were 7 total adaptation resets I did (1 for engine and 6 for transmission). It solved my problem that I was dealing with so I'm quite happy with it. Plus, since I have the tool, I can keep resetting it if it acts up again.

I figure if the whole concept of "adaptation" is changing the car's response to the environment it's being driven in, an occasional reset is good thing and I don't mind doing it once a season.
Appreciate 0