View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #5
thataverageguymike
Rep
Drives: 2009 E82 128i

I'm going to go with the 8.8" Joying, it's a little shorter and wider than even the 8". It looks like it fits perfectly between the AC Unit and the vents. I actually ordered it through Amazon just a few minutes ago.

Can you post some more pictures of your order of that harness or how to get into contact with Joying and order it? Maybe a part number? I just ordered the head unit and the PAC adapter and I'd like to cancel that and just go with the all-in-one CANBUS adapter for ease of installation.

Also, can you elaborate on the SOS error? Does it affect the functionality of the new head unit?

Edit (Update): I cancelled my order for the PAC adapter and reached out to Joying support through their website. After a little back-and-forth via email and submitting proof of purchase of a Joying unit (screenshot of my Amazon order) they agreed to send me the CANBUS harness from the E90 kit for $30. I have yet to receive it but am excited to see if it works as well as I hope! I have the head unit, trim, and backup camera and am just waiting for that to start installation.

Last edited by thataverageguymike; 01-08-2020 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0