View Single Post
      05-25-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
yokomo963
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Help! Engine misfiring - half check engine light

Hey everyone,

My car (2008 135i, 68,319 miles) has been on MHD stage 1+ for about a month now and has been running fine without any issues. Today, I picked up the car from the shop where they installed some solid rear subframe and diff bushings.

I decided I was going to change my map settings back to stock coolant target (so the oil temp would get high enough to open up the thermostat after I installed the ER dual oil cooler kit).

Went for a drive and it was fine, until about 30 minutes in, the car started to misfire pretty bad. Managed to limp it home.

Since I never changed the plugs out when I initially did the flash (no running issues), I threw 6 new OEM Bosch plugs. Still misfiring and MHD was saying 1,3,6 cylinders were missing. Found that odd so I reversed the order of the coilpacks and now it’s reading 1.2.3.4.5.6 were all misfiring. Changed the coils back to the original order and it still saying 1-6 cyl misfiring.

I’ve also tried updating to MHD’s newest app version and tried flashing to stage 0(stock map) and it still misfires. Flashed back to the original v9 I had installed and same thing.

Before I go spend money on 6 new coil packs... anyone have any other suggestions? Or is it just time and all 6 coil packs went haywire at the same time? From what I could tell the spark plugs were original on the car (they say BMW BOSCH on them).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

-Eric

Last edited by yokomo963; 05-25-2020 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0