rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankertoad View Post
I have an AA tune and need to flash back to stock for emissions. I have the Simon cable and the file but AA specifies this requirement for the flashing procedure:

"Put a battery charger on the car (voltage above 12.5 volt Amps above 10 A) stable voltage. Do not use a trigger or battery jumpers (those aren't powerful enough to hold stable voltage for long periods)."

Has anyone done this with a consumer grade charger? Some say over 10 A charging but only 2-6 A maintain and I don't know which number to use. I don't want to fry my ECU and don't want to purchase a roll around shop level charger for a single application.
Did you remove hardware like headers? Should not need to flash back to stock if the AA tune is just that. Most places don't have the ability to detect a simple software tune. Check with AA

With a good battery I've flashed with no charger attached but you can't have any accessories running like your stereo or AC blowers.

In the old days, using stupid flashing tools I monitored the battery drain at 20-25 amps. So if you have some crazy slow flashing tool and you don't trust your battery, that's what you need.
Appreciate 1
asbrr544.50