View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #248
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
I love these 135i owners who think they own a totally different car than the 128i. I think some of them really think the 135i is almost a supercar and the 128i is basically a Corolla, lol. They have the douchey attitude of a stereotypical M owner without even the M to back it up.
Haha, you are why this thread is funny to me. I was taking a jab precisely at you, no denying it. You, being the person that gets all defensive like you did. I'm not talking down.. the 128 is a great car, but I honestly have to question the thought process of someone who seriously considers both. I mean, I cross-shopped the 135 against a new mustang, G37, 370Z... because I wanted the quickest and funnest-to-drive car that I could afford to buy new and it came down to the bmw. Same case for something like the new challenger that you can get with 305hp V6, 375hp V8, or the 6.4L 470hp SRT8! I mean, if you want a challenger, you know whether you want a 305hp V6 or a 470hp V8 right from the start don't you? The N52 vs. N54 is the same when you consider the tuning potential of the N54. I think you are projecting your own doucheyness and insecurity by reading too much into my op. PS - my friend's '98 corolla is pretty fast and since we're all in San Antonio we could line up 3 abreast sometime if you want so we could all bask in glory of the subtle differences between a corolla, a 128i and a 135i, but that'd be the stereotypical M owner attitude move wouldn't it... shucks cause it'd be fun! lighten up bra!
Appreciate 0