View Single Post
      01-28-2018, 10:47 PM   #117
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I'm with you, but then it becomes a question of the impact of the mileage on the value. How much more is a car with 8K worth, than one with 30K, or 35K?

As long as you are relatively low on the miles, it is hard to assign a value to each 1000 miles below XX mileage.

With 50K miles, I think 40 to 45K would be the ballpark. Over 50K, it is less collectible but surely still a car worth owning.

I don't know how long these cars will run for. With a lot of the vintage Porsches, they talk in terms of at least several hundred thousand miles, maybe a lot more. On the other hand, with those Porsches, you will pay dearly for the service all along the way.

Getting back to the 1M with 8K miles, I'm not really sure how much more desirable such a car is than one with 20 or 30 thousand. Somewhat more, yes, how much more, not sure.

Good points. My thoughts as i look at miles is I now get a free buffer to get to a reasonable mileage. For this 8k example, I think “man, 20k Miles is still mega low, I now have 12k miles to play with to still get to a low mileage example”.

I only put about 4K miles a year on my weekend car so I have 3 years to get to that point.
Appreciate 0