View Single Post
      02-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #27
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontside0815 View Post
Everytime i read your Posts here in the track area i am just confused.
I wrote my thoughts concerning spring rates etc. last year because i was having crazy Problems with my car...

In the end it came out that the PU Bushings were to blame.

Still i donīt understand that it seems so Different in what spring rates most of the german guys here run and what spring rates you american guys run:

The KW Clubsport e.g. for the 135i AG Model has spring rates of 70N/mm in the front, 80N/mm in the rear (same as my ST XTA).

The same Setup for the 1M is 110N/mm in the front and 120N/mm in the rear.

Concerning the results from the different Setups you guys drive that should result in massive understeering, because the front axle is way to hard.

I had both Setups already in my car (With OEM Roll bars and ST XTA Dampers (similiar to V2)) and both worked really well (besides the Problems going straight because of the PU Shit)....

Also the most Setups from race Shops around the nordschleife do not use this 1:2 front to rear measurement for their spring rates...
If you're trying to say we run our front axle way too stiff, you do realize that 70 N/mm is 400 lbs correct?

You're setup with a car running 400 lbs in the front, and 457 lbs in the rear.

The rear is crazy soft - like, not even remotely close on wheel rates compared to the front. That setup is like trying to copy cat a E36 spring rate setup - They are COMPLETELY different cars.

My car drove fine:

Appreciate 1