View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 02:02 AM   #31
frontside0815
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i FBO

Sorry for Offtopic, hope itīs ok since it is still somehow connected to the original Topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I cannot find a single vendor of 135i KW Clubsports that provide a ~400lb (80N/mm) rate as the stock rear rate offered. They all list the rear rate as 600-800lb/in (105-140N/mm).…
I donīt know where you are looking, but KW is a german Company and after i had that much Problems with my car with the PU Bushings in the toe arm i called almost every german coilover Producer to have a talk with them what spring rates they use.

I am 100% percent sure, that the spring rates for the 135i KW Clubsport 2 Way with Uniball Camber Plates in the front are:

Front 70N/mm, Rear 80N/mm (in the rear there isnīt a linear spring but a progressive one, so the 80N/mm is the middle value of the spring).

The Setup for 1 M-Series and M3 from KW for the Clubsport is 110N/Mm in the Front and 120N/mm in the rear (here the rear has a linear spring and a helper spring).

I know a lot of cars which got a Setup from Raeder Motorsport, which is a famous Workshop around the Nurburgring.
On one 335I for Example they installed 110N/mm in the front and 80N/mm in the rear (with KW Clubsport Dampers). So almost exactly the other way around most of you guys are stating.

Also Öhlins uses 60 and 70N/mm F/R for their Road & Track Version for the AG Model 135/335i.

Bilstein Clubsport have the same odd rates...

I will try to install a 120N/mm spring in the year just to see how the car will behave with them installed.

What i just donīt get ist how can most of the cars here in Germany (and i talk about most n54 powered cars, not e36 or others) run in your opinion such a wrong spring rate Balance?
Appreciate 0