View Single Post
      07-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #21
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

This Thread SHOULD NOT BE a STICKY

I would like to suggest to the moderators that this thread be taken out of its "sticky status" and returned to the DIY forum as a regular thread.

My reason for say this is that it is not sufficiently complete to enable a typical forum user to do the work.

At this point, the thread has a part number, a couple of parts diagrams, and suggestions of a cheap method for adding another fuse/circuit to a car, but no further information on how that power is to get down to where it is needed (the cigarette lighter part in the "smokers' package").

The OP noted that he had taken his center console apart but gave no further information on how that was done or even if it was needed to be done.

Other than for knowing that there is a part number for the "smoker's package," and that someone did this retrofit on his car, there is nothing here other than a picture of the completed job.

Perhaps when this thread gets some additional information added to it, enough information to inform the reader whether or not he or she should attempt to do this job, then it would merit being a sticky post. For now, I have purchased the part and after spending half an hour in the car concluded that I do not know enough about the way the parts in the center console and dash are put together to attempt to do this job. So I am planning to ask my dealer to do it. I would probably not have bought the part if I knew this would be the case.

So for now, this is turning into an expensive little job at the dealer, not exactly a DIY project, at least for me.
Appreciate 1