View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

1M got dinged!

My dad's VO 1m got it's first scar. The always horrible eye-cringing door ding. The car has 3k miles on it..and some fool in a Dodge Durango dented the car.

It's a classic ding about the size as a penny located @ the quarter panel. Flat area right before the rear fender arches. It's the usual ding with a crease. Not too deep and no paint damage or stress.
I have No photos as of yet...as the car was out in rain unexpectedly a week ago while out @ a restaurant when the ding occurred. I noticed the ding the next morning.

I'm sure PDR will take care of this. They have removed many dings from my BMW's and my brother's E30 M3...all which I stick around watch the PDR guy do his thing.

The MAIN reason for this post...is HOW do we remove the rear interior trims without causing any damage to these panels. My dad is a is an old world upholsterer who does classic car interiors/interior restoration. He is a designer (seating) for a living. I'm not too worried about him undertaking the panel removal and I want to do it with him to prevent damage to "anything" interior panel related (Scratches/Scuffs anthing I can help prevent!).

I did a search on E82 interior trim removal and unfortunately came up with nothing useful.

Anyone have experience removing the panel behind the rear quarter panel?? Obviously the rear seats will have to come out first. I think.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)

Last edited by Uptempo80; 09-30-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Appreciate 0