View Single Post
      09-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Which Bilstein option and springs if I don't want to lower the car

Hi,

I have a BMW 135i E82 2008 and want to upgrade my suspension for better control and a more planted ride, but don't want to lose comfort. My car is completely stock with M-sport factory suspension without runflats and I want to know which is my best option if I don't want to lower the car, or lower it the least possible since the roads where I live are really bad with big speed bumps, uneven surfaces and potholes.

1. Is my best option to keep the stock springs and go with Bilstein B6? Will I notice an improvement in handling even if I keep the stock springs? Is this my best option if I don't want to lower the car and keep some comfort? Will this be enough to reduce the soft unbalanced floaty feeling of the stock suspension?

2. I was also considering for example changing the stock M-sport springs to the BMW Performance Springs (yellow), in this case do I have to go with Bilstein B6 or B8? Will I notice an improvement in handling changing the stock m-sport springs with the bmw performance springs or is this change not necessary? Or which springs would you suggest to improve handling but not lower the car?

3. I was considering also the B12 option with the included Eibach springs but I think the lowering will be too much for my roads.

This is the first time I'm considering doing suspension changes on my car and I don't want to mess it up, specially since I have pretty bad roads where I live but I'm getting tired of the floaty stock suspension when I push the car in turns. I used to have a MINI COOPER S R53 2002 which was very stiff and eventually it got too uncomfortable so I want a good compromise of better control but still some comfort and practicality. This is my daily driver for the street and I won't track it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0