Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1999 Lexus LS400  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieguitov View Post
Thanks for your replies. Doing my research and reading many posts there is conflicting information regarding if B6 or B8 is the correct choice with the factory m-sport springs. I wrote to Bilstein and they said B8 is the correct choice:

I think I will probably keep the stock m-sport springs and go with Bilstein B8.

Do you think I will still notice a good improvement in handling with a better planted ride and less of the stock floaty feeling if I don't change the stock springs? I just don't want to regret later not changing the springs, but the BMW Performance springs are too expensive and the Eibachs I think will lower the car too much. I also don't want to end up with a very stiff ride with the bad roads we have locally.

Thanks for your feedback.
Diego, the information presented to you by Bilstein is consistent with the premise I've been operating under myself relating to B8 dampers being the correct choice for a 135i M-Sport spring.

I have run Bilstein sport dampers (what the B8 Performance Plus used to be called) on various BMWs of mine, both with lowering springs and the factory springs. After running them paired with Eibach Pro Kit springs and sways on my E46 330i, I ran the dampers paired with the factory springs on my E36 M3 and it still felt great. The difference was absolutely worth it with just the dampers alone.

2012 BMW 135i Space Grey Metallic M-Sport DCT Dinan S2
Appreciate 0