View Single Post
      11-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #12
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Thumbs up

I want to make an update for you guys, around 2 weeks ago I got new OZ ULTRALEGGERA wheels front 8X18 ET34 and rears 9X18 ET40 on NON-Runflat Continental ContactSport 5 front 225 40 18 and rears 255 35 18.

Being very light wheels and wider with a more aggressive offset really helped with the handling of the car, there was less understeer, even the steering wheel became a little lighter, and the car felt a little more agile in acceleration and steering. It also made the stock m-sport suspension work better over bumps, as if it had to make less effort. Very nice improvement and they also look fantastic, I used to have OZ Superturismo in my MINI COOPER S R53 and when I bought them I didn't notice such an improvement. I guess the Ultraleggeras really are light.

Finally today I have installed the Bilstein B8s with the stock m-sport springs, keep in mind this is my first impressions only since I just went for one ride in a very twisty road to test it. Understeer seems greatly reduced and it appears to turn in a little better, also the wobbly back and airy lifting feeling of the front seems gone. The car is much more controlled and planted changing directions and over hills, it's not so nervous anymore and doesn't lean as much as before, it gives you much more confidence without the floaty uncontrolled feeling. Also when going fast over slopes the car doesn't bottom out it's perfectly stable and compliant, no nervousness or unstable wobbly rebound. What surprised me most is that the ride and comfort is practically the same or even better than the stock suspension, just cruising in town you wouldn't notice a difference really. I thought the car would feel more firm or crashy and uncomfortable over rough roads, but it is the complete opposite. No immediate drawbacks really, the height appears to be the same also which is what I wanted (no drop). Very recommended! Now I'm thinking to start with an MHD stage 1 tune

Last edited by pablom2c; 11-22-2017 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
Fakemike369.50
tock172581.50