Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Thanks for the post! For your setup we recommend the following:

Front & Rear: 18x8.5" ET45 with 235/40-18 tires
  • 5mm front spacers likely required for to clear KW suspension.
  • 245/35-18 tires can fit with 5mm front spacers and approximately -1.5 degrees of camber or more. Larger front spacers may be required for certain aftermarket suspensions, see below.
  • 255/35-18 tires can fit with 5mm front spacers and approximately -2.5 degrees of camber or more. Larger front spacers may be required for certain aftermarket suspensions, see below.

Keep in mind that since you are using the M3 control arms, your negative camber is achieved by pushing the bottom of the strut outwards, rather than bringing the top inwards, so this may reduce your fender to tire clearance as a result. The 235/40-18 tires should still clear up front though without any rubbing.
Thank you, i am still learning how camber and offsets work, but correct me if i am mistaken:

I can run 245/40/18s all round with ET40 and no spacers?

Currently on KW V3s and stock top mounts (pin removed) the KW dealer was able to squeeze out -1.7 camber front on non M arms.

Sadly, as i said, camber plates are not road legal here, and i would have to spend more to get the 1M front brace to conceal any aftermarket plates i install. So im looking for a "plug and play" setup that gives me no worries regarding rubbing or rolling.

You do not recommend 17x8.5's ET 40 wheels?
Appreciate 0